Watching sports is one of the most favorite pastime activities in American households. As a child, I remember when dad was busy watching the NBA season finale, I dreamed of becoming like Kevin Garnett. The love for basketball created its existence all over America, but do you know why basketball is important?
A basketball lies within our heart, but other than being a source of entertainment, basketball is also important for many physical aspects like fitness. Besides fitness, there are many more beneficial factors like your sports choice to spend your time in the evening. Or you can also make new friends and socialize.
When I was in school, the famous kids were the best in court; hence, it is a considerable popularity source.
Why is Basketball Important?
There are numerous reasons for which basketball is essential. From your physic to your social activity, basketball can play a vital role. So let us check what the factors making basketball important are.
Health and fitness
Basketball plays a vital role in health and fitness. For young ones, basketball helps them to grow tall and strong. It's a great workout for kids, and they can stay healthy with a lot of enjoyable events while playing basketball. So let's see what the health benefits of playing basketball are.
- Playing basketball in school or high school can boost hights.
- Basketball helps to burn calories. Playing one hour of basketball can burn around 650-750 calories.
- Training for basketball helps to strengthen your muscle.
- Basketball helps to build body endurance.
- Playing sports increases balance and coordination, which improves your reflex.
- Basketball is a game that requires a lot of attention, which develops concentration among the players.
Additional advantages of basketball
Along with fitness and health benefits, there are other advantages to playing basketball. So Let's see what the benefits of playing basketball are.
- Basketball teaches you to be a part of a team. When you are playing with a team, you learn many things while coordinating with the other members.
- When you are playing basketball at the court in your area for the general-purpose, you get to play with people of different ages.
- Sports are generally played outdoor like baseball or soccer, but basketball is played indoors so that you can play it all around the year.
- Without a doubt, basketball is an enjoyable game for all.
- You can practice basketball by yourself. All you need is a hoop and ball, and then you can start your primary practices.
- You can play unofficial games with just one of your friends.
- When playing in the court of your area, you can socialize and make new friends.
- In school, you get a lot of attention as a representative of your school.
- Having an extracurricular activity helps to get scholarships in universities.
How to get started?
Most schools in the USA consist of Basketball courts where you can start your initial training. Other than that, you can also go to the local court in your street to join a team. Usually, local groups consist of a coach and manager who can train you and guide you in further endeavors.
Offical basketball games require ten people in a game. But that is not necessary when you want to initiate your journey with basketball. You can always find a friend at your school who can help you to keep up the game. Later you can join your local group for joining a basketball team.
For basketball, there is nothing much you need to start. All you need is a ball at the beginning. For professional games, you may require little more, but yet they are less than other sports. For competitive games, the necessary pieces of equipment are
- Knee pad
- Elbow pad
Basketball for children
There are many organizations to support the introductory program of basketball for children. Schools also provide basketball facilities to very young kids.
Sometimes organizations that offer introductory basketball training go to different schools to carry on their program. These are great opportunities for your children to gain inspiration for gaining their basketball skills at an early age. You never know when a prodigy would come out of these programs.
General instruction for basketball
There are some instructions and precautionary factors to keep in mind when it comes to playing basketball.
- For adults, it is essential to check doctors before starting to train for basketball.
- While basketball, you may require to move fast, twist, and jump; hence athletes in basketball prone to getting injuries.
- You may feel stress on your elbow, knees, and legs.
- With the training process, you can become more aware and build yourself to be stronger and faster. With proper training, you can avoid injuries and stress and protect yourself.
- Before you start a match, do your warm-up exercises, stretch your muscles and joints after the game, cool down and do some stretching again.
- Don't forget to keep yourself hydrated.
- Don't push yourself too much if you are an adult.
Benefits of becoming a professional basketball player
There are considerable advantages to becoming professional basketball players. These advantages are attracting people and talented; these benefits work as an incentive to pursue a career as a basketball player.
Let's take a look at the benefit of becoming a professional basketball player
- Almost all basketball players retire as a millionaire
- Health insurance is covered by the teams they play
- Professional basket players are known nationwide and worldwide as well
- Often good players are selected from school and get into universities with lucrative incentives.
- Professional basketball players can also become a coach after they retire from their career.
If you are born in America, you don't choose a basketball team, but you are born with a team. Basketball is one of the favorite games to watch and play in America. Even if you do not want to pursue basketball as a profession, you know why is basketball important for your children or even you.
Health is wealth, and what can be better than keeping yourself healthy with an enjoyable process. Basketball is a great way to lose extra bulges, staying fit and healthy with fun.